How to Add Complete Protein to Your Diet
Eating a variety of food is essential to maintaining a healthy diet. Eating enough complete proteins are crucial as these types of proteins possess the nine amino acids that are needed to support our diets. These amino acids keep you going by repairing your tissue and absorbing nutrients. Complete proteins will also help your body fight off illness, support recovery, and boost your mood.
These proteins can be found in various different foods. The most popular way to intake these complete proteins are through animal-based sources:
- Meat (beef, chicken, pork)
- Fish (tuna, salmon, cod)
- Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt)
For those who eat vegetarian or vegan lifestyles, or those who simply want to eat more organically, there are plant-based options for them that allows them to benefit from these complete proteins as well:
- Soy (tofu, edamame, tempeh)
- Legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas)
- Nuts and seeds (almonds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds)
While these foods are great ways to eat complete proteins, most people do not want to eat these alone. You can make healthy and delicious meals that incorporate these complete proteins for you to enjoy a well-rounded dish:
- If you are at a loss of what kind of meals you can eat with these complete proteins, consider these options: tofu stir-fry, quinoa and black bean salad, grilled chicken and vegetables, tuna casserole, salmon over a bed of asparagus. This is just a short list of the options you have when using these complete proteins, but any of these proteins along with a vegetable and grain are always a great choice for a balanced meal.
- You may not always have time to cook and sit down for a full meal. Thankfully, there are snack options that allow you to get in the complete proteins that your body needs. Ovation Strips and Ovation sticks allow you to enjoy high protein snacks that are ready to eat. These savory snacks can be packed in a bag for easy transportation and can be eaten on the go.
Overall, meat from different animals such as chicken and beef as well as soy products are a great way to take in the complete proteins that your body needs to run efficiently and keep you healthy. Protein is crucial to anyone’s diet as it replenishes your energy levels and allows you to maintain and build muscle. Without enough protein, you may find yourself sluggish and unable to complete even the simplest of tasks.
To eat a well balanced diet, ensure you are eating different protein sources and not just one category. This allows you to reap the benefits from each product, whether it be from an animal or plant. If you are new to eating a more balanced diet, or simply are looking for a new high protein snack, check out Ovation Foods.
These products are made of only clean ingredients and are gluten-free. They are made of 100% chicken breast as well as 35 plus nutrients needed for a healthy diet. Click here to purchase your own convenient chicken snacks.